First Float Visit?
So you booked your appointment, now what?
Check out our procedures below. If you have any questions about your appointment, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (617) 964-3737
Maximize Your Comfort
To optimize your comfort during your float, consider these important suggestions:
- Try to eat a light meal beforehand, both hungry and full floating can be distracting and uncomfortable.
- Avoid having too much caffeine, as it will be easier to relax without.
- Avoid shaving to reduce any stinging sensation on your skin.
What To Bring
- We provide everything you need to float!
- No need to bring a swimsuit or towel. Towels are provided and swimsuits are discouraged.
- If you wear contacts, you’ll want to bring a case to keep them in while you float.
- Feel free to bring any personal items you may want for after showering, such as a hairbrush or deodorant.
Save Time On Check In
You will need to show up about 10 – 15 minutes early. We have a waiver for you to read and sign, as well as a short instructional video that you will need to watch (even if you have floated elsewhere, you will want to learn how to use the controls in the float tank).
Those are the basics! Keep scrolling to get a head start on check in.
Want to make check in a breeze?
Complete these two tasks before you arrive and show up just 5 minutes before your appointment instead of arriving 10-15 minutes prior.
Watch our instructional video – this video will guide you through your first visit to The Indoor Oasis and can answer most appointment related questions. It demonstrates how to use the float tanks and adjust their settings; plus, you’ll learn important tips that will make your introduction to the peaceful, practice of floating as comfortable as possible!
Use personal link to sign your waiver – depending on what contact information we have for you, you may receive your link via text or email, or both. Automated text communications such as these will be from our SMS phone number, (617) 964-3737.
- Follow the link to fill out, read and sign your waiver.
- Please provide your phone number, address and an emergency contact. (We do not sell your personal information or send promotional mailings.)
- Please read each section carefully and determine if floating is right for you.
- Check the box next to each of the three sections as you read
- At the bottom of the waiver, check the box for “I have read and agree”, type your full name, draw your signature and select the green Complete Waiver button.
Didn’t get your waiver link?
Don’t sweat it, you can always sign in store when you arrive.
Having trouble signing your waiver?
If the ‘Complete Waiver’ button is greyed out you’ve likely missed one of the steps, please review the steps listed above to complete any missed steps, once all steps are complete the ‘Complete Waiver’ button will appear green.
Beginner's Guide To Floating
Click through the tabs below to find helpful tips on ways you can maximize your float experience and get the most out of your first few floats.
Make an appointment: Schedule online and be sure you get a confirmation email, text, and/or phone call. Have questions? Give us a call and we will help you book your appointment.
Come in early: Arrive 15 minutes early to your first appointment for check in and orientation. All first time floaters learn how to properly use the float tanks by watching our instructional video and reviewing our waiver.
We provide the following: Towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, earplugs, hair dryers, q-tips and lotion.
Consider bringing: Personal items for after the float such as deodorant and a comb. You will float nude, so you don’t need to bring a swimsuit. Contact lenses should be removed before floating, please bring a case and contact solution.
Set up for comfort: Have a light meal before floating, avid caffeine, and skip shaving the morning of your float. Arrive hydrated and consider limiting liquids 30 minutes prior to floating so you won’t need to use the restroom in the middle of your appointment.
Call with any questions! For many, floating is a new concept. We are happy to answer any questions!